Thursday, September 4, 2008

Chapel of Marist Brothers , Marian College Linmeyer Johannesburg



This Chapel, was and still is one of my favorite places of Sanctuary. It is the School chapel of Marist Brothers College in Linmeyer, South of Johannesburg. I attended the school for both my primary and secondary education.

The School itself 'prides' itself in the fact that the Alar seen here, was that same one used in and by the original Marist Brothers Sacred Heart College in Koch St. Johannesburg Central. The Koch st Marist Brothers were the first all Boys school in the City, and were situated in Kock St up to 1965, when the old school closed its doors and re- opened them the following yearin Linmeyer futher south of the city.

I am proud and indeed honoured to have spent my Schooling here, an have become part of the Marist tradition within my family , my paternal grandfather having attended St. Aloysios in Cape Town, both my Father and my Uncle later attending at Marist Brothers College Limeyer.

The Altar is Marble and bears the carvings of the Sacred Heart and two Doves which flank it.

It is a dream to see the Traditional liturgy, or the Benedictine styled Novous Ordo celebrated here.

St. Marcellin Champagnat, founder of the Marist Brothers
Pray for Us!

No comments: