Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The 'Official' return of the Latin Mass to Johannesburg

From Christopher Cordeiro


Friends,

A big thank you to all of you, those who could attend and those who couldn't but have been praying for us. A special thanks to Fr. Shaun, the celebrant and to Andrew Martin who served the Mass. Also to Megan at the Cathedral who prepared the altar. My friend, Michael Poverello, came to the rescue with his camera and took the official photographs. I knew that I would forget something and just prayed that it would't be something like an altar card. Half-way to the Cathedral I realised that it was my camera. Our Lord sent us not only a camera but a skilled photographer.

The mass was a great success, if we can speak in these terms about the Holy Sacrifice. About 70 people attended and the Lady Chapel of the Cathedral was packed to overflowing. I have already received a number of e-mails from people who were deeeply moved.

I am still a bit overwhelmed by the experience, but will hopefully eventually find the right words to use and will post an article on the Una Voce SA blog. http://unavocesa.blogspot.com/

Michael's photo's will also be there.

Please keep inviting friends and family to the weekday masses.

On the 21st December at 11:30am we will have the first Sunday TLM Mass followed by a small reception. I will in the course of this week and the next be asking all of you to help to publicise this event and to help in a number of other ways. My hope is to reach as many people in the Archdiocese as possible with the news of the Sunday mass.

As soon as I have a moment I will respond individually to those of you who have e-mailed me.

God Bless

Christopher

No comments: